ISO 26000 Stakeholder Global Network Vision and Mission
When every organization and each individual strives to act responsibly, with consideration for their impacts on society and the environment, we will successfully move toward a sustainable future. We see multi-stakeholder engagement as the strongest force to create a sustainable economy and world.
We encourage every organization to maximize its contribution to sustainable development, by using ISO 26000 and involving a wide variety of stakeholders in its decisions. We leverage power from all over the world to support socially responsible management and practices. We seek to provide information, inspiration, linkages to other global documents, and user-friendly tools for implementation, through our global network.
Structure and membership
Structure and membership
ISO 26000 SGN has an elected leadership of five officers plus Ambassadors as spokespeople for their stakeholder groups. Leadership and Secretariat were all delegates to the ISO 26000 Working Group on Social Responsibility (WGSR, 2005-2010), and continued their involvement as members of the Post Publication Organization / Stakeholder Advisory Group (PPO/SAG).
- Chair Martin Neureiter, from Austria, is President of The CSR Company International; he was a Task Group Convenor for the ISO 26000 WGSR
- Vice Chair Hans Kröder, from the Netherlands, was member of the Drafting Task Force and SSRO delegate on the PPO, he is founder of Learn2improve your planet
- Vice Chair Noerman Suharman, from Indonesia, represents the CFCD – Indonesian Corporate Forum on Community Development.
- Secretary Carolyn Schmidt, from the United States, is from ECOLOGIA, an NGO which had Liaison D status in the ISO 26000 WGSR.
- Secretary Gefei Yin, from China, is co-founder and chief expert of GoldenBee, which works with Chinese businesses and government bodies to develop (C)SR programs.
10 Year Anniversary of ISO 26000
ISO 26000 SGN is organizing a 10 Year ISO 26000 Anniversary Event in Beijing from 26-28 November 2020.
This event is supported by ISO’s Chinese NSB member, the Standardization Administration of People’s Republic of China (SAC) and by GoldenBee.
When ISO 26000 was finalized, in the last Working Group meeting in May 2010 in Copenhagen, a resolution was passed to create a Post Publication Organisation / Strategic Advisory Group (PPO/SAG) which had the possibility to advise the ISO Technical Member Board on any issues related to ISO 26000 after its publication in November 2010. The PPO operated until the withdrawal in July 2018, of its NSB sponsors, SIS from Sweden and ABNT from Brazil.
In response to this vacuum, in October 2018 a group of former PPO members came together in Bali, Indonesia, to discuss how to move forward, taking into account the relevance and importance of ISO 26000 for the future, and the fact that it is not covered within any existing TC within ISO.
Therefore the ISO 26000 Stakeholders Global Network was created, with a new leadership and organizational structure based on the multi-stakeholder approach, transparency and accountability. Although many of our members are former members of the WGSR and/or the PPO, we want to make it clear that the SGN, unlike the PPO, operates as a self-constituted organization independent from ISO itself.
Please visit our website here for details.